Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Get Friendly with EcoTools!

I went to run errands today and ended up at Wal-Mart. I decided to visit the cosmetics section to see what was new and was surprised to find eco-friendly makeup brushes. If you’re uncomfortable with using makeup brushes that are made with animal hair or are looking for ways to be more environmentally friendly, these are great brushes! EcoTools offer seven different brushes and two brush sets. The handles are made of Bamboo and recycled aluminum and the bristles are made of synthetic taklon that are 100 per cent cruelty free.

I didn’t get a chance to actually feel the brushes because they were tightly sealed in the packaging. (Which is a really good thing so people can’t put their grubby hands all over the bristles- I'm a germaphobe.) However, I did examine the brushes intensely and they seem like really good quality brushes. Compared to other drugstore brushes that are sparse and flimsy, EcoTools’ brushes are full and dense. Available now at Wal-Mart and London Drugs in Canada, you can pick up a BAMBOO Powder Brush, BAMBOO Blush Brush, BAMBOO Angled Eyeliner Brush, BAMBOO Foundation Brush, BAMBOO Eyeshading Brush, BAMBOO Lash and Groomer, a five or 6 piece BAMBOO Brush Set or a RECYCLED ALUMINUM Retractable Kabuki. Environmentally friendly makeup brushes can get on the expensive side but EcoTools’ brushes are priced at $5-$14.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Katherine!

I had just recently bought a couple of the EcoTools brushed myself (a foundation, blush, and powder brush) and I looooove them. They are sooo much cheaper than MAC or any other high-end brand but they are very comparable in quality.

Katherine said...

I totally agree! I recently saw them at a tradeshow and was very impressed. They also came out with a new Bath & Body line that I'm eager to try!