Monday, December 15, 2008

M.A.C Cosmetics/Estee Lauder Warehouse Sale Remarks!

Thanks to my thoughtful friend Darryl and his mom, I was given a ticket to attend the M.A.C Cosmetics/Estee Lauder Warehouse Sale this past weekend. I’ve been to this sale twice before so I thought I knew what I was in for…but I was UNPLEASANTLY surprised.

I wrote in a previous post that this sale was, “by far one of the finest organized sales ever.” Well, I was WRONG! My friend Tara, her mom and I live fairly close to the Markham Fair Grounds so we left about 15 minutes before the sale started. (Because we all know some of the good stuff is sold out later in the day) When we arrived, we were shocked at the line that had already formed OUTSIDE the first building. In short, we stood in line outside for approximately 40 minutes in minus degree weather and then we stood for another 50 minutes inside. Now, I’m fairly accustomed to standing in line for sales, (I’m well aware I’m crazy for standing outside for so long) however, my problem was that when we entered the building to continue our wait there was a gigantic space being occupied by tables. It is totally understandable that the vast amount of people waiting in line could not have fit into the first building, however, a good amount of people would have been spared freezing to death. Although this put a huge damper on my sale experience, I did pick some goodies, however, not nearly as much as I have in previous visits.

I should note that the above unorganized experience was the only dilemma and that the sale itself went smoothly and without a problem.



Some of the goodies I picked up!

Sorry it's so dark! I'll go into detail what I actually bought in another post! =)


No comments: